Home Technical Talk

Modo Users, help meh!

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
retleks polycounter lvl 18
I'm hoping some of you seasoned Modo users might be helpful with this, since you might have run into this issue when you were starting out...

Cut/paste from my post there:
Okay, so I'm trying to migrate from Max to Modo 601. I have both Max and Modo set to use meters. My object is 18 cm wide in Max, I export it to Modo using any method (FBX, Collada, obj(preferred)), and they all give the same scale results with the export scale set to 1.0. The object loaded in Modo is roughly 5 meters wide... OK. I scale the object to be roughly 18 cm inside Modo (scale is important when using the skin shader). I export the object to an obj from Modo, and load it up in Mudbox. It comes in so amazingly small, that the camera now clips unless I'm viewing it from a considerable distance. Well that's useless. I import the same obj into max for comparison. It is exactly 25x smaller than my original 18cm head (in max). I know what the work around would be for max to modo (just set the scale correctly), but there is no such option for importing into/out of Mudbox, or even going back to Max from Modo. So what's with the huge discrepancy in units, is there a way to fix this so they all play nicely? Am I doomed? Here's a visual aid.
ModoScale.jpg

Replies