Home Artists Looking For Work

LF 3D model architecture for urban buildings

Hello builders and artists,

I am simply a role-player looking for a builder. I used to own a sim on Second Life and I am now coming back to SL and looking for a builder to help fill out a city.

For those of you not up to speed on Second Life, go to www.secondlife.com and browse around. I warn you that their website is subpar and not great for getting a grasp of what it is about. I'd suggest using google images or youtube and type in Second Life building and go from there.

For those of you professionals out there, please look past my attempt to explain how I can best describe how Second Life works.

Second life now allows for the uploading of MESH content. This is a new usable building method, dating back to just a few months ago. It also allows its original primatives (prims) for building. Prims is simply a box, sphere, cone, or cylinder that you can reshape as needed and texture each face on the object. A sim on SL allows for the use of 15,000 primatives (or mesh equiv). The best I can relay land impact costs to you, is a diner or bar build (just the shell) would cost around 50 - 300 prims depending on detail and style.

I am looking for buildings. Modern urban realism buildings. I am not looking for furnishings within the builds, as SL has a million and one of those already.

Half of the sim content will be dummy builds, meaning just a solid build that doesn't need anything done to its interior. Dummy builds would be things like single/double unit brownstones, mom and pop shops, laundromat, pawn shop, coffee shop and whatever you think you'd be able to build and make it look fitting as a character would walk by and see it during their RP.

The other half of the sim content would be usable builds, seated up next to dummy builds to spread out throughout the sim. Usable builds would vary from a police station style build, hospital, gas station, diner, bar, strip club, shipping yard docks + warehouse with office trailers, office buildings (3-6 stories high) and another couple of builds as needed.

All in all, I'd say that I am looking for around 15-20 buildings. Again, the usable walk up builds are simply shells with the respective offices and usable space and floors, but not furnished. I will take care of all of the furnishings. I am looking for builds that are textured. There will be a north and south side of the city that will be nice and grungy respectively.
I am a role-player, not Activision or Bioware or the like, so I cannot pay competitively for 'gaming' builders. I can, however, pay. I am willing to pay above the Second Life standard for building. You can go to secondlife.com and look at their marketplace and get an idea by typing urban build or whatever. I will pay more than that.

If interested, please e-mail me at

wright.jason10@gmail.com

to further discuss the building and pay. I do ask that you have some sort of portfolio to show me of your recent work. Thank you for your time.