Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

White Tiger Bridge - WIP (wow pandaria concept)

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
hathol polycounter lvl 6
Hey all.. some of you may have noticed me lurking around or commenting on your fine pieces of art. This time i'd like to share something that i'm working on. This is going to be a low poly set piece, based of the white tiger bridge concept from the new wow expansion mists of pandaria. I thought that it would be a good first post and a good way to beef up some of my lacking art skills. I've just gotten into this 3d thing maybe half a year ago so dont be too harsh, and i'm using blender becaue i run on a mac and i'm just too lazy to run 3ds max in bootcamp. ok enough with the ramble here is the concept shot, my color overlay, and some notes on the blockout and the started block out. Just wanted to get some feedback so far and see what you guys think.

first here is some coloured concept art

whitetigercolumb.jpg

and then what i was working off

wowx4artwork30full.jpg

colour scheme

wowbridgecolour.jpg

wowbridgecolourblockout.jpg

and here is the start of my blockout

screenshot20120314at337.png

screenshot20120314at337.png

OK! thanks for baring with this large post and sry if the images are too small i thought 640x480 would be ok.... i guess they're not expanding as of now..

I'm currently having some trouble figuring out how to set all of the curves properly. if anyone is familiar with blender and can help me out that would be great. In the second from the last picture you can see a curve, and when i attach the wood part of the bridge to it, it bends nicely... but as soon as i attach the pillars to the same curve it goes all wonky and stretched. I can post a few images of what i'm talking about.. but i'm going to try and figure it out on my own first, then come back here if if all hope is lost. thanks for taking a look at my first post and I hope i can learn a lot from this process.