Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

feedback on my demo reel

Please , give me some feedback and criticism on my demo reel, www.yipgallery.com . Thank you

Currently, I am working on this head
Untitled-1-1.jpg

Replies

• tHerdt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I enjoyed much of your hard surface work, and the modeling looked tight.

In the spirit of nitpicking critiques however…
    Maybe its just me but it took me a moment to grasp the opening scenes' composition. Each individual model looks good, and I appreciate the fact that there is a strong foreground, a mid-ground, and a background. But the presentation and arrangement within the scene felt a bit haphazard.
    I would have sought a more cohesive scene layout.
    The rocks in the background appear less rocky, and kind of wavy in the texture, and not up to par with the design of that mid-ground crate.
    The objects on the table feel a bit floaty, and not solidly grounded upon the surface of the table.

I dug the car scene, the car model itself was stylized nicely. The grass and dirt creeping in the driver side door was especially pleasing.

I would have liked to have gotten a closer look in that last greco-roman architecture scene, it looked pretty damn cool, my only complaint being that the ground plane, and the cliff face felt awfully flat and, basically just very geometrical. A player might not notice that issue if they are in the middle of the level, but I am just critiquing the perspective from which I was viewing.

Lastly, I think the head is coming along, and that it is matching with the concept art well enough. I dont want to critique a cartoony style too much… but the nose areas, bridge of nose, and lips feel like they are struggling. The lips feel undefined, and the nose is very blocky.
    As a character artist, I feel like the hardest thing I had to accept is that anatomy is much more subtle than I every realized.

http://travisherdt.com/
  • zwarth123
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thank you for the feedback.
    Now I am working on this character.
    concept.jpgprogress.jpg

http://yipgallery.com