Home Unreal Engine

UDK problem

My first level for a university project is ready to go, however I don't have any way to tell UDK that my level is finished at a certain point. I have a trigger already set up in the point i want the level to end but I have had no success finding a way to actually make it happen. I'm not even sure if a trigger is the way to go.

Does anyone have some knowledge on what i should do?

Replies

• AlexLeighton
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You'll have to be more specific about what you mean by "end". Is it a point where you want to stop the player from playing anymore? Or, are you doing like a flythrough and you need it to stop at a certain time?
  • Ketchup
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sorry for not being clear.

This isn't a multiplayer map that im making, it's like a miniature narrative style level. With a start and a finish, you begin in one place and when you ultimately reach the finish the level is over and should return the player to a main menu or close the level down.

Is there a way for me to achieve this?
  • AlexLeighton
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Okay yeah, so you're right on about setting up the trigger, what you want to do now is have it selected, open up Kismet and in the right click menu select "New event using trigger_0(or whatever your trigger happens to be called)" and choose touch from this.

Now this node will fire whenever the player touches the trigger, so you can wire it's out node into whatever you need to do. Easiest example would be to grab a console command node and tell it to fire an "exit" command, or an "open YourMainMenuMapHere" command. Hope this helps.