Home Full time/Part time work

WANTED – MODELER for Animation Pilot

Los Angeles based studio is looking for a few 3D animators to create cute cartoonish characters for a kid’s pilot. Do not apply if you don’t know MAYA, as all models MUST be created using MAYA. Please see the attached link for reference of style & characters. Please respond to this email by filling in the answers to the following questions. Please respond to zoomie@drs3D.com and the subject should contain only the following: MODELER POSITION. Failure to follow these instructions will delay processing of your response.

REFERENCE LINK:
http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/max-cute-cartoon-sheep/568975

1. What is your flat rate for modeling an object similar to this one:

2. Do you have the ability (skill set) to texture your own models?

3. What would be your estimation of the turnaround time to complete the object?

4. Are you local to Los Angeles or would you be working remotely?

5. Do you prefer to work from home or come to our office?

6. If you work from home what MAYA version would you be using?

7. Are you an expert in MAYA or a “student”. If you are in the learning process, please STOP and do not apply. (We will be looking for a student intern as well. If you are interested in this internship for credit, please be very clear about this when you respond to the above answers.)

8. Please provide us with a link to your demo reel for this kind of work.

Replies

• Geta-Ve
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Geta-Ve polycounter lvl 7
    Why do the models 'have' to be completed through Maya? I would assume the resulting .obj / .fbx or even an .ma / .mb file created after the fact would suffice.
  • D4V1DC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    D4V1DC polycounter lvl 18
    Geta-Ve wrote: »
    Why do the models 'have' to be completed through Maya? I would assume the resulting .obj / .fbx or even an .ma / .mb file created after the fact would suffice.

Probably scaling issues or other issues.
    Note: I'm not affiliated with the original poster.

Best of luck!