Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

ancient greek sculpture from space NSFW

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
allaze-eroler polycounter lvl 11
hello there, it's been some time that i didn't posted any new 3D work aside my big project which it will be related to mass effect serie (i don't work at bioware by the way), i'm working on an idea i did have after i saw one work done by one artist from here, my idea is to make a credible ancient greek sculpture done by one unknown alien.

i will post the breakdown later once this small project is done and it will be posted as a free 3dtotal tutorial, of course, i will post here first for feedback on my breakdown, i really don't want to share my tutorial with full of error ! hehe XD

also, there my progress :

duck_alien_design_wip2.jpg

i will update soon once i finish the arm and some refinement of his shape.

Replies

• allaze-eroler
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    allaze-eroler polycounter lvl 11
    another update for my 3D model, the next step will be the posing :)

duck_alien_design_wip3.jpg

C&C welcome. :)
  • leslievdb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    leslievdb polycounter lvl 15
    why is this not suitable for work? who says that that thing between his legs is a reproductive part for his kind... just saying

anyway you are lacking a lot of form, atm it looks like the basic balls of clay you would push together to form a base to start sculpting in and on.
    You can't be afraid to push some things around so it adds volume/mass to your character. You need dig into the forms and not just carve in some surface details because that's not how it works even if it's an alien or stylistic piece.

Remember masses flow into eachother and never in a straight line

I hope you get what i'm saying.

edit: please do not make a tutorial yet for the public, record your sesions and learn from it yourself but you still lack a lot of knowledge to spread it in a good way for new people to learn from (so do i so this isn't to be rude)