Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Abandoned Space Coloy. Check it out?

Hey guys. I just wanted some feedback on an environment I've been working on. Built with 3DS max, zbrush, UDK, and photoshop.MustWarnOthers.jpg

Replies

• d1spect
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    d1spect polycounter lvl 4
    This is amazing, I mean what events could be taking place within this environment? Anything that may come from this will be exceptionally great! Good work.
  • marq4porsche
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    marq4porsche polycounter lvl 9
    Looking extremely solid. I do want to see more detail overall and you can really push the lighting and have shafts of light going through the cracks.
  • Savannakhet
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Savannakhet polycounter lvl 11
    I really like the sense of decay and the way that the moss has grown over the metal work.

One, little thing that irks me: why has someone written 'must warn others'. If you were to stop and go through the effort of writing something on the wall in what looks like blood, then shurely you'd write what it was that you were warning them about. like 'There's a big monster in the downstairs kitchen' or 'don't open the containment fields' etc. 'Must warn others seems a bit odd imo.
  • I Like Feet
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    really cool. at first I thought it was concept art.

also, I agree with Savannakhet. the writing doesn't make much logical sense.
  • praetus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    praetus interpolator
    This looks really good. The text "must warn others" is pretty vague and meaningless. I would make it a more meaningful warning for whatever calamity took place. Or, make it something like a meeting place or time. A great example of t his is the safe rooms in left for dead.
  • lansay
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hm, thanks very much for all the critique guys. I appreciate what you have to say. I do want to have something written in that right side though. Are there any suggestions as to what could be put there that wouldn't seem illogical? I was thinking of changing the text to black so it doesn't look like blood, or perhaps change the message to something less vague?
  • jonas-144
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jonas-144 polycounter lvl 6
    This is looking really good!
    If anything I would say more foliage
  • oobersli
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oobersli polycounter lvl 17
    agree. its very generic to put writing on a wall.

you could put something like announcing the "don't cross barrier"

or draw a tactical map of a facility of rooms that have been marked out suggesting people are clearing out a place or marking which areas are't safe.

could do something more specific and add some story to it. example is a creature that hates light inhabits an area past here and to warn others, put "it hates light" to give a warning to rescue,research teams. could even have some foliage growing over part of the message to hide its truth.

walking dead comic did the same sorta thing with the neighborhood that was full of dead people, cool way to add some suspense to an image.
  • lansay
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    colony01_by_frozen_scumbag-d4ts0tj.jpgcolony02_by_frozen_scumbag-d4ts0z1.jpgmust_warn_others_by_frozen_scumbag-d4ryl6s.jpgHey guys. Here's a new update of my progress.Must-Warn-Others-288828100