Home Contests & Challenges Archives

Mace, Nae_Chaos

Alright so I've decided to give this challenge a go and see how far it will take me. I am currently a sophomore at Ringing College of Art and Design. This is my first time posting any of work on internet for view or crit, expect my blog, and to be honest I am intimidated as the underworld. However, I know if I really want to be in the gaming industry I have to start somewhere. So here it is, I hope to learn alot by this and continue on regardless of the outcome.

I have only played a little bit of Darksiders so I feel that I havent gotten the right feel yet to what I want to create. So I tried to start out with a theme that I can hopefully incorporate into 1 or 2 of the six themes, except angelic. So some reason I was really into the See No Evil, Speak No Evil, Hear No Evil theme so I've decided to put it down to get it out of the way. I am still in the process of coming up with more concepts and posting them down the road.

PA7Fi.jpg

Replies

• Jiece
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well hellur there, Nae_Chaos. First thing that jumps out at me is that the silhouette is a bit too easy to digest; my eye passes over it just once and I understand the form completely-- try playing with asymmetrical variations or, if you must keep symmetry, really going to ridiculous extremes with the angles of the blades and the scale of the mace head. As far as the faces go, I absolutely love them-- the only thing I have to say is that I wish they were more skeletal. Not ACTUAL skulls, just bonier. Best of luck/keep it up!
  • brian86
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    interesting concept i would make them skulls and like remove the mouth from one as if it was born without a mouth one without eyes etc. to me the hand placement and the faces look alittle cartoony. silohuette alittle flat. maybe break it up like damaged chips. maybe fan out the blades more to give more intimidating look. other than that i think it is a cool idea