Home Contests & Challenges Archives

[DS2] Axe, MeintevdS

keyframe
Offline / Send Message
MeintevdS keyframe
Here is my concept so far. I went with the makers theme on this one. Might end up trying another team as well, but so far it's just this one :)

The stone part in the middle is to add extra weight to the weapon, making sure you have enough power to slice through the biggest of enemies. I'm still thinking of ways to pimp the piece of stone. Give it more character than just being a piece of stone.

Any comments are welcome and thanks for watching!

axe.png

Replies

• Shiv
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shiv polycounter lvl 15
    The makers hammer shown as ref could be a good one to use for the central piece, or get some runes in there, they seem to be a popular part of the style.
    gief the blade itself some nice curvey notches, they look sexier and will reflect your curvey pomel better! :D
    I enjoy the hint of spiking on the stone, MOAR MEINTE! :P
  • MeintevdS
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MeintevdS keyframe
    Didn't like my other design, felt to geometric. And I wanted to have at least some organic stuff in there so I can practice that too. So I went back and did another sketch, this time with some tentacles and a skull.
    I thought it was a fun idea to have something of a Darksider demon on my weapon, so I went to http://autodestruct.com/ and scrolled through those pages. I thought the huge tentacle creatures were pretty awesome since they had no face but wore a mask. So I thought it would be cool to have one of the masks and some of it's tentacles on my axe. Mask is not yet final, I'll probably make a few silhouette sketches tomorrow.
    axe_02.png
  • Shiv
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shiv polycounter lvl 15
    The connection to the blade doesnt seem very strong, pommel is cool, could echo the design of that a bit more in the axe blade?

I think for the face it should be put into the blade a bit more, it currently looks stuck on as an afterthought, maybe have it embossed? or decoration to the pieces holding the axe to the grip?

cuthulu!