Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

UDK ship 2.0

This is a repost of a ship in udk i did a couple of weeks ago.
I would love some opinions and useful feedback from you guys :)

shipr.jpg
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Replies

• coronagalvez19
    oh, and here is the link to my website if you wanna take a look at my other stuff.

http://coronaworks3d.com/
  • Xoliul
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xoliul polycounter lvl 14
    Not bad. Designwise i think it mostly holds up. Except for the inside of the engines, that looks like the front of a 1950's jeep or something. The black covers on the engine are also a bit blocky and lowpoly looking.

The presentation and some of the texturing is holding it back though. I don't see much material definition, for all i can tell, it almost looks diffuse-only. Lighting's a bit washed out, there's barely any spec, no reflections. The bloom on the engines is a bit much for me.

The textures are a good start, but overal there's a bit too much uniform noise on them. It looks like you might have overlayed some noisy textures? Noise is definitely something you want to avoid or use sparingly. I think you could definitely do some more interesting surface variations if you study worn airplanes. There's some really cool patterns that don't involve grunge overlays.

And also you UV layout has a bunch of pure black spots that seem very useless in the final product. It looks like you're wasting at least 25% of your UV space to unused/unseen areas of the model!
  • coronagalvez19
    tnks for your feedback :), ill revisit the textures to see what i can do