Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[portfolio]mikeKirschner-

Hey guys, this is the first time I'm showing any work on pc and I'm a bit nervous...inspirational stuff on here hourly.

I'm trained as an architect and am about to graduate with my master's degree so my portfolio is not really concentrated as I love all kinds of design and interaction design work, I tried to gracefully segment my portfolio into different areas and I'm wondering what are some thoughts on the website and the work as well.

I'm not a capable web developer so I may need to simplify what I have done if there are problems on other people's browsers.

hope you enjoy.

Note* there are two no working links... about me and the iPhone portfolio app.*
www.archiwaredesign.com

Replies

• holyjewsus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • DeadlyFreeze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DeadlyFreeze polycounter lvl 17
    I think the best piece of advise would simply be to focus on a discipline and make your portfolio reflect that.

The lowpoly content you have now is probably the weakest point in your portfolio and it doesn't show a real understanding of game art. The arctic environment has some decent sculpts on objects but the texturing is pretty poor and the lighting is extremely bad.

The only other game art to comment on is the strange abstract 'item' and a section of a catwalk.

Industrial design seems to be what you're trained in and the work definitely reflects that. It looks good to me but that isn't my area of expertise so I can't give you a serious critique on the content.
  • samcole
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You have a lot of thumbnails on your site. Like Deadly said its hard to tell what you want to focus in on. I would venture to say you would fit in with a environment art position, I'm honestly a bit overwhelmed when I open your site..and I'm not sure where to start.

No problems with the website on my browser, but the aesthetic design of the site could use a second look over.
  • holyjewsus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks guys, really appreciate the feedback, as I feared.

Concerning the game art/ low poly stuff it's what I'm most inexperienced in. I started using unity and zbrush a year ago but infrequently.

As for my education, I'm also interested in an environment or level design position.