Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Everyone sneer the new guy!

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
threesidedpolygon polycounter lvl 5
Hey Polycount, I've been a long-time lurker, and a huge fan of this place. Recently I've been trying to get back into 3D, and have really been loving it. I am finding it to be a completely different experience from most other media, which I find really exciting.

What I've got to show is not necessarily good or interesting, but I am trying to learn as I go, and there is definitely a lot of new knowledge to absorb. The following renders are my first few successful attempts at modeling, and are done in Blender 2.5 and 2.6+, just rendered with blender internal. No textures, still working my way towards that, but I've gotten a decent grasp of materials at least. Anyways, as I know walls of text are typically ignored(from most recent to oldest):

c2_BG.png
robobot_non_coloured.png
wulvereen_untextured.png
blob_sketch.png
ROBO_01.png
BASE_01_BLANK.png

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, if there is more I should show (meshes, polycount etc) please let me know. I'm here to learn!

Replies

• Visceral
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    First off all, GRRRR BLENDER !!! GET OUT!

On a serious side, really nice. I love your characters. Really simpel modelling but i can still see alot of personality in there. Especially the Wolverine and the Robot guy.
    Keep at it an you will get good, fast!

However it would be nice to see you attempt any other style of model. Maybe for a game engine specs so you get that mindset of Creating a model, UV map it and Texture it.

But keep at it, would love to see moore.
  • aivanov
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aivanov polycounter lvl 5
    Your work has great character to it, and from your portfolio it's clear that you're a capable artist; I'll be eager to see future work by you, but until there's hard set criteria you're making a 3d piece by (i.e. is it for real-time? hard-surface? organic? anatomy? any particular style or technique you're trying to practice? etc.), it's hard to judge how 'good' a given piece is for its purpose.