Home Contests & Challenges Archives

[DS2] Axe, Bergerking42

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
Bergerking42 polycounter lvl 10
Excited! This is my first contest ever so I'm pretty pumped. I'm still a student so I'll my main rival will be myself, it will also allow me to put in some snuggle time with Zbrush.

I was too excited to wait to start my thread, some concepts will be posted soon! (after I make them...)

-Mike Berger

Newest update:

"A quick update.

I still want to play with more ideas for the handle.

The original idea was to have the axe being "taken over" by a demonic force, so I am going to try out some ideas with that too.

This is my first time creating a concept from scratch so any and all critiques are encouraged :)"

4IwcR.jpg

Replies

• Bergerking42
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here is my first pass at the concept. I don't like all of it, specifically the handle. I will be working on that.

AgNEN.jpg
  • pseudoBug
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pseudoBug polycounter lvl 18
    *snap* *sproing*

Your connections between blade and handle need to be much stronger looking. Feels like it would break the blades off the first time you tried to use it.
  • njc6425
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i like the head of the axe it looks powerful, i agree with pseudobug that maybe the connection between handle and blade should be a bit stronger, it looks a little weak in that area compared to the size of the blade :). Not a fan of the handle, dont particularly dig the idea of a bone handle, maybe something steel and bulky with lots of chains! go crazy with the design, thats what my teacher always tells me haha.

Looks good for the first pass though man, keep it up!
  • Bergerking42
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    A quick update.

I still want to play with more ideas for the handle.

The original idea was to have the axe being "taken over" by a demonic force, so I am going to try out some ideas with that too.

This is my first time creating a concept from scratch so any and all critiques are encouraged :)

4IwcR.jpg
  • Harbinger
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Harbinger polycounter lvl 8