Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[UDK} Modular Alleyway Environment

Hi Guys.

I created an alleyway environment using modular assets. This is the first time posting in this area of the forum so I apologise if I got it wrong xD.

I am posting because i would like some of you wonderful people to give me feedback on my work and critic me and help me get better.

polycountscreen1.jpg

polycountscreen2.jpg

polycountscreen3.jpg

polycountscreen4.jpg

polycountscreen5.jpg

Again thank you for any feedback and have a great day :)

gogogogo

Replies

• cholden
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cholden polycounter lvl 18
    Looks like the brick normal is flipped (invert the green channel). The light is coming from above, but the bricks are rendered as lite from below. OR if there is no normal, the brick diffuse could just be upside-down

As far as "modular", what you believe this word means? I see a bunch of boxes placed in front of a wall. This is a very illusion-breaking workflow. You may want to invest in larger chunks, and things modeled in so they don't appear floating.

UDK has a procedral building system you can use. Here's a quick example I did a while back. Make pieces (few walls, columns, trims) plug it all in, and it randomizes them for you. http://chrisholden.net/udkproc01.jpg
  • benj666
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @cholden

Thanks for the feedback.

This was for a university project and I ran out of time to add more props in there.

Thanks for the link!