Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Pilot and Brutus

Hey all -- Was hoping to perhaps get some feedback on some characters I've recently worked on. First time posting!

Thanks all!

334sqc3.jpg

2u76p12.jpg

Replies

• krazypoe
  • s33th
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You bumped your own thread after less than 2 hours?

Your brutus character looks like a lowpoly diffuse only model. I can't see your wires well enough to really tell where you're putting those 12k tri's. It looks lowpoly due to things like the spikes on his back, the silhouette of his shoulders/chest/legs where the edges are really noticeable/sharp.
    His anatomy could use another pass. What's going on with his quads? Pecs don't insert under the biceps.
    Your normals aren't reading and you need to work on your material definition. Your breakdown shows what I think is a spec map but it doesn't look like it's showing up on your renders. Try to get a decent specular highlight on his skin to make the normals pop and read better. Same thing goes for the metal bits - this could also help his metal jaw be more visible.

I do like the simple color schemes and overall character designs.
  • krazypoe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    s33th - thanks for the feedback, making changes you had mentioned! I agree, I took away from the spec a little more than I should have. Another close anatomy pass is in order -- as for the geo -- I decided to sacrifice more geo on him than I should of have to compensate for the chain links, I'll weigh it a little better on this next go around.
  • Talbot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I agree with s33th. I would also look into defining the straps on the guys torsoe. They are really flattening out and look like that Hangover t-shirt of the baby pack thing painted on. I would suggest just taking the geo of the torsoe and popping some of it out off the chest.
  • krazypoe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Talbot - now that you mentioned it, I can't unsee it! I sure will - thanks for the feedback