Home Contests & Challenges Archives

[DS2] Mace, ae.

ae.
polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
ae. polycounter lvl 12
Hey Guys!

Haven't really done/finished any personal work lately due to the fact the last thing i want to do when i get home is do more art.

But seeing this contest and how simple it is when it comes to time investment i decided to give it a whirl.

I usually do a lot of high-poly Sci-fi Hard surface modeling at work so the art style is way out of my comfort zone so i am hoping this contest helps me dive into different styles.

Below is a quick concept that i created ( sorry for the shitty concept in advance) for the contest, take a quick look:

D2CONCEPT1.jpg

Im going for a very heavy mace that is made of two different material the light rock/bone material and the Dark rocky material.

(1) As seen in the concept above figure 1 is made out of a light rock material that wraps/warps around the Mace as it goes down to the base handle.

(2) Figure 2 protrudes out of the white material and is a darker rocky material which goes all the way down to the bottom of the shaft.

(3) both the light and dark materials will look like they are broken/have chunks ripped out of them.

Although this is what ill probably model out ill probably sketch out some more designs and flesh it out more.

let me know if you guys have any suggestions or critiques.

Cheers,

Arman

Replies