Home Technical Talk

Startup (Help)

It’s been a while (and I mean... a while) since I’ve touched 3DsMax, Maya, or any honestly programming application in a while. Nevertheless... I was talking to a close friend about something I’ve been wanting to do for a while. One of my (many) dreams to make games. Not really or necessarily A GAME, but a company.

I am not well-versed in the art of making games, but I am great with designing, conception, and overall production running something to startup!

The help... The question I want to know, mainly, is what I must do in order to create a core-team of people to make a game company. I (kind of) figure it is just the same as starting a small business, film company, firm, etc... You just have to take baby-steps and think ahead of the next thing!

So. This, here, is my first step in understanding what I need to know, do, and overtly accomplish in order to make this happen.

My name is Braxton Gaither and I need help! (lol) ...What must I do to start a company for gaming? How do I approach people? (... who’ll most definitely turn me down with no promise of money on the off-hand.) I want this, honestly, to be a passion project for not only me, but the people involved. I do not want to have it were the people that ARE involved hate what they do, and don’t care. I WANT to make this work.

What must I do?

Please, and thank you for your time!
BWG