Home Technical Talk

3dsmax render issues

Gambuto
null
Offline / Send Message
Gambuto null
hai there,

This afternoon I was baking textures for my object , a wall of rocks. After quit some trail and error I managed to get a good render to get a preview.

Now im trying to recreate the workflow and somehow the rendered image is really bad and look nothing like it.

So here is the deal. I baked my normal and AO maps via default Scanline renderer. I textured my object with a standard shader and used the DirectX shader.

I got a nice result.

Now I jump back behind my computer to repeat the proces and in the viewport it looks good, yet when I render it out it looks nothing like it even has these black pixels all over it and it seems like the normal and the AO arent working.

Any help would be aprecciated, I finally had a moment of eureka and now im just clueless... :(

Replies

• Adam L. Gray
    Looks like you got a skylight and light tracer enabled in there, which would completely kill the normals and add a second pass of AO :x

As for the black dots, it could have to do with the multisampling, disabling this will usually get rid of these black dots when baking and rendering.

However! Disabling the multisampler isn't very ideal as it'd completely kill the AA, which is basically what the multisampler is "multisample anti-aliasing". So first you should try using reset x-form and render it again, it might just solve it.
  • Gambuto
    Offline / Send Message
    Gambuto null
    thc for the quick reply! i do have a skylight that i used to render my AO map but I did hide it.. Ill try to remove it from the scene. Should I also disable the lighttracer?

As for the black dots, you mean the supersampler or lighting?

And ill try to reset x-form my objects.

THX alot mr. gray ^^
  • Gambuto
    Offline / Send Message
    Gambuto null
    I can alrdy say that deleting my skylight helped! Seems that you cannot simply hide a skylight from the scene to disable the lighting, didnt know that.
  • Gambuto
    Offline / Send Message
    Gambuto null
    As for the Black pixels, it was also indeed the supersampler. I baked a new AO map with out supersampler en the sports are gone!! Thank you very very much for the help!!!!