Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Hand painted Hercules

After seeing all the incredible hand painted work on this forum I thought I'd finally give it a go myself. This is my first attempt at low poly and hand painting so I'd love to hear what you guys thought of it!

Still got to add feet and hair, and maybe optimize the face then model him a little sword but i'm not looking to dwell on this, so far it's taken about a day and I don't want to spend that much longer on it.

cBtQC.jpg
57ctw.jpg
Cbpw9.jpg

Replies

• Dan!
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dan! polycounter lvl 6
    laim1991 wrote: »
    so I'd love to hear what you guys thought of it!......
    so far it's taken about a day and I don't want to spend that much longer on it.
    ok then...well, it could be better and it could be worse.things to improve for the next one;
    silhouette
    personality-especially in the face
    form rendering
    anatomy(double knee caps..what does it mean!?)
    modelling/polygon distribution

if you don't want to spend time on improving this one then I say finish it, throw it away and use the things you've learned to make another one.
  • JR
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JR polycounter lvl 15
    Glad to see your start. I think you can do better next times. By now, your work is a bit green. Dan advices say almost everything. I have to add that you should give more importance for your model BEFORE start applying textures. The model itself, with a simple lambert should have good silhouette and personality. Wich reference are you following? Disney's Hercules? If so, then hold your textures, and come back to the plain model. Use this reference:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_oR7sYJzWZ1k/TQCoQqQDIJI/AAAAAAAAAiU/9mUlELrp2lg/s1600/Herc+front+turn+arounds250.jpg

Herc+front+turn+arounds250.jpg

and do your best to match proportions and style, with no textures applyed. Post here, receive feedback, and when the model is good enough, return to the textures. They will take your model for a higher level.

Keep posting!