Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Nasser

Nasser
polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
Nasser polycounter lvl 12
Hi, I've not much to show yet, I created this primarily as a sort of kick in the butt to help get me motivated and keep me disciplined. I would love any feedback any of you could offer.

Here we go.

The first is a WIP sci-fi buggy thing that was built off of an existing concept I found. The second is just some perspective drawing practice. The third is some figure drawing practice.

I'll try and update on a frequent basis, and I'll try and tackle things that I'm not very good at (a lot of things).

Replies

• Nasser
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm working on modelling a S&W revolver. Early stages.

nsvqv.jpg

I abandoned the buggy because I'm setting deadlines for myself on each of these models, and I didn't meet the one for the buggy. I'll probably come back to it later.

Also, some more drawings. I'm trying to get my head around conveying tone and form through cross-hatching. Not very good but it's practice.

1fT9B.jpg

pgJH0.jpg
  • Nasser
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Made a robot arm in 3ds max. Just the high-poly model. I'm going to try and take something a bit simpler to completion.
    dOoEF.png

Also, started another project based on a concept I found on the net. Still a work in progress.

VjoP9.png
  • Nasser
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    at7Wc.png

Tried to build a robot based on another concept from CGHub. Lost steam and can't get my self to finish it, I've spent too long on it now anyway.

Moving on to another mini-project that I will take to completion and import it into UDK or Cryengine.
  • Nasser
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yes, I did just watch the Rendering/Compositing tutorial on eat3d, sue me.

Working on a generator thing. Whatever. I'm going to try and be a bit more exciting soon.
    5cI3A.jpg
  • Nasser
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eAbCl.png

It's a gramophone. Whatever. Moving on to something else. This time to actually practice normal map baking and texturing.

EDIT: Don't know why grabviewport made it so dark. Weird.