Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[UDK] The Viking Room

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Susanne polycounter lvl 5
As a new school course starts, I have decided to make an environment. Our limits are 50 000 tris and 4 x 2048 texture maps/material. With a time limit of two weeks, I have tried to find an environment that isn't too complicated, but still interesting. This environment will be rendered in UDK.

The concept I will be following is:interior_environment_concept_2_by_cubica-d4dw70x.jpg

It's made by Craig Hodges and he can be found here: www.cubica.deviantart.com

So far, I've made a blockout in UDK as well as started to build the meshes. For today, I am hoping to get some texturing done.

Any critique is much appreciated =)

Blockout so far:

jg0ar6.jpg

Replies

• Anthy9986
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Anthy9986 polycounter lvl 7
    looks fairly straight forward enough. I think the camera could be pulled back a bit. What is your plans for the leaves/foliage above the chair?
  • Susanne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Susanne polycounter lvl 5
    Yeah, I agree with that and I've backed the camera a bit in this update. As for the leaves, I haven't thought that much about them. Though, I think I will be making a branch and then place that one out several times to get the right shape =)

An update now then. I have started to get most textures into the scene as well as most of the meshes. Nothing's got a final texture as of yet and I still have to make the lightning, as this one is fairly neutral. As this is due today, I won't be able to get the leaves, the cloak nor the Dragonhead ornemants into the scene. Instead, I am going to concentrate on fixing on various textures and getting the lightning right.

Any feedback is much appreciated =D

35kl4eu.jpg