Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Pseudobug's pseudoart: antique radio

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
pseudoBug polycounter lvl 18
First off, I just wanted to shout out to all of the awesome people that make polycount such a great place to learn. I've been lurking off and on at different times for years.

I'm trying to bust back into messing around with game art after having been away from it for a few years, and have been once again soaking up all the info here. And there's a lot.

Figured I'd throw this up here and get some feedback as I go along. Learning and re-learning.

Here's where I'm at right now. Quick temp texture, and normal bake test.

uATsm.png

Ref:
BAK7J.jpg

Now, I am not following the ref precisely intentionally. I'm bumping up certain details to hopefully be more interesting and readable in a game world. Definitely want crits on the tweaks, but not just "it doesn't match the ref".

I'm tweaking meshes and rebaking as I go along to get the hang of things, hence the half finished state.

No thin skin here, I'm the kind of guy who will look for flaws to fix in my own and others work at first glance, and point them out before anything else, so I expecting some no-holds-barred critiques from you guys as I go along. :)

Replies