Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Environment Slice [FEED ME]

Hello fellow Polycounters. I believe this is my first thread on here. Feels kind of weird actually. Anyways, I am working on a new piece. I want to do something a bit (emphasis on 'bit') more environmental in stead of just a single asset. I had finished putting a tank in my portfolio and came across these images below:
military_models_12.jpg
Sherman2.jpg
Sherman-on-fire.jpg

What I like most about these images, is what I love most about environment art; that is story-telling. Despite the minimal amount of objects, there is a story being told. I wanted to do the same. So, this is the mockup I came up with originally.

mockup_all.jpg
mockup_flower_detail.jpg

The focus of this piece is the flower. The flower was to be either just to the side of a tank tread, or growing out of one. Life, uh, uh, uh, finds a way - Jeff Goldblum.

I liked the idea, but the composition was too boring. Even though this is going to be a slice, I want there to be the illusion of depth and space. So then I came up with this final mockup. The story behind it is, a tank went crashing through the stone fence and came down the sidewalk and across the street. From the cracked and broken asphalt from the tank treads, a single flower is sprouting. I added a stop sign and mailbox mesh that I have previously modeled but haven't textured yet. I thought it would be kind of cool to show like the war-torn part in contrast to the pristine part of the environment, divided by the concrete barriers.

SOOOO, before I go any further, I was just wondering what you guys be thinkin'.

finalMockup_shot1.jpg
finalMockup_shot2.jpg