Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Rooftop Garden WIP

This is another project that I am working on. It's an old-world rooftop garden in the evening. Any feedback or comments that you have would be most welcome.
Thanks!
Shot_1.jpg
Callas.jpg
Watertub.jpg
Window.jpg

Replies

• Oniram
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oniram polycounter lvl 17
    wow! looks great. nothing really to comment on except for the background (left-side) is pretty empty. if you arent going to have the background filled with anything then maybe just angle the camera so you cant quite see back there. great job tho.

edit: yeah i do have something to comment on. lol. id say maybe have your light sources (lanterns) a bit brighter, both for the light and the emissiveness of the texture.
  • biofrost
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    biofrost polycounter lvl 12
    I agree with Oniram, I would angle the camera more so the emptiness is not seen. Other than that looks really good!
  • gsokol
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I like the mood that you have set for the scene.

Those lights definitely don't look like they are emitting light.

The door looks a little short and fat, and the empty area on the left side of the screen is an eyesore. I'd adjust the camera or add something back there.

Lookin good!
  • pseudoBug
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pseudoBug polycounter lvl 18
    My eyes are really drawn to the harsh blacks in the rock textures.

The layout feels a little cluttered, not a whole lot of good visual rest areas, perhaps? It's all very evenly distributed.

Lighting feels. . .a bit fake. ..

Looking pretty cool though. . .like seeing scenes like this. . .
  • EMcKown
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey all,
    I'm glad you like the scene. It's definitely a work in progress so thanks for all the helpful feedback. Always nice to know what a fresh set of eyes will pick out as being problematic.
    Thanks again!
  • pseudoBug
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pseudoBug polycounter lvl 18
    Couple more crits. . .

I think you could remove the extra geo for the steel bands in the koi pond. I don't think in reality it would be that thick(usually thin bands), and in game I doubt it would make much visible difference anyway.

The other is the location of the bolts on the wood planter. . .

Little stuff like this helps sell believability.

MbAFw.jpg
  • megalmn2000
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    megalmn2000 polycounter lvl 13
    I'm not really sure about the wood texture. I guess you did it in Crazybump? Would be nice to make it a bit sharper. :)
    texture-vieux-bois.jpg
  • Macattackk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Macattackk polycounter lvl 7
    looking good. i think the bolts in the planter could stand to be a different color to make them stand out more and look more like metal.