Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Götz

Götz
polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
Götz polycounter lvl 10
Couldn't find a presentation thread, so i'll use the sketchbook to do so.
I've been working for a couple years at a motiongraphics studio, mainly on advertising, tv ids, etc.. and now i'm switching to the gaming industry (at least trying).
My primary focus is character modeling, so this thread will be mostly about it.

C&C is absolutely wellcome, as this thread is about gathering the necessary skill i'm lacking right now and can't be done without critique.

so let's start by showing something...

color0000000.jpg

wire1.jpg

wire2n.jpg

I've been working on it for a couple of days, and currently it's 2230tris. (the target was between 2~2.5k).
I didn't intend to put a skirt at first, so i haven't deleted the parts that can't be seen.
I'm not really confident about the face topology... I believe it could be optimized a lot more.

thanks for reading!

Replies

• Götz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Götz polycounter lvl 10
    reworked a litte bit the uv layout optimizing enverithing, so I could get room for the skirt, the hair and the axe. I haven't decided yet on the hairstyle, so i just left some free space in the layout

the old one
    textureold.jpg

the new one
    texturenew.jpg

color1hn.jpg
  • Tits
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tits mod
    Good improvement on the texture! i would rework it a bit just to blend all the color together a little bit better,
    The knee looks a bit off too:)
    Good work, you should add some highlight in the hair, and darker color for the root for exemple !
  • Götz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Götz polycounter lvl 10
    @tits thanks for the comments. I still haven't properly uv the hair, but i won't leave it flat. But no clue yet on how to tackle it. Reworked a little bit the knee, but needs more work. I shifted from photoshop to paintoolSAI to manage the blends (it has pretty cool blending brushes), but i'm more interested in visible brush strokes, not in perfect clean blends.

updating the textures... still a lot of work to do...
    girltxtm.jpg
  • Götz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Götz polycounter lvl 10
    i've been quite busy working on my reel, but more updates on the character.

pickaxe.jpg

it still needs more work, but i think i'll leave it as is right now and i'll move forward to the next model.
  • Eoq
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Eoq polycounter lvl 8
    Where are her feets? ;D
  • Götz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Götz polycounter lvl 10
    2 years since last posted here...

i'm working again on personal projects. Here's some wip on a character for a mobile game

wip01.jpg

vampire_paintover_01.png

BrkqFK-CQAEt9Im.png

c&c are welcome as always
  • Götz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Götz polycounter lvl 10
    wow! seems that I'm posting every 2 years...  :s

A new character I'm currently working on my free time