C&C are welcome

2EoET.jpg

Replies

• odium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    odium polycounter lvl 18
    Well, its a crowbar :P

First of all, is that a high poly for sub-d, or a low? If its a high, then its far to low poly. If its a low, then its far too high poly. While granted you're going to use a lot of loops to round out the low, poly (more/less depending on if this is a FPS or TPS asset), you simply don't need that extra chamfer on tghe sides there. Thats exactly what your normal map should be for.

Also, its rendered in quads... Why? Should be in tris. If you're working on quads, it may produce errors when you finally convert to tris, which you will have to dp. Unless its not for any "use" and is just for a portfolio, in which case, people are gonna look and think "Well, CAN he work with tris...?".

Even still, given the way you made it, its still got some smoothing issues that need looking, like on the end of the crowbar (both).

Texture wise... Theres not much to say, It looks boring almost, like a diffuse only texture. I cant say otherwise, because you never provided flats. It could be UV mapped really poorly, we just don't know. But the actual texture could be a LOT better, theres no actual wear and tear as its so uniform, so clean?

Presentation wise, its not really helping matters. The grid shots an instant no-no for presentation shots but the grey needs to go, its just making the model get lost in the over all scene.

TL/DR Theres just not enough info there to even make any real form of comment, its all guesswork. Don't expect a lot of feedback until you give people something to work with! :p
  • theSixtyEight
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    theSixtyEight polycounter lvl 7
    Well, its a low poly object, however it wont be used in any game, its just for my portfolio...it has normal map baked from hi_poly, and it is kind of remake of this crowbar from HL1...UVing is just looong and simple but easy to work with, it also uses spec map, that chamfer on the sides is for smoother FP(first person) look
    However, I am not 100% happy withmetal parts, but I am happy with colored parts