Home Technical Talk

Diamant Modeling Tools Alpha 1.0 (Formally Diamant UV) release!

Replies

• rumbox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    These tools look fantastic. A 32bit version for Gamebryo users will be greatly appreciated.
  • Gheromo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gheromo polycounter lvl 11
    awesome tool, using it now all the time on organic stuff. a must have
  • sama.van
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sama.van polycounter lvl 14
    Please need a version for 2009-64 !,!!
    Looks very cool so far !!! ^_^
  • mateofalc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for sharing, sadly but it doesn't work in Mac Maya 2012. Any solutions?
  • Scott Ruggels
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Scott Ruggels polycounter lvl 18
    Oh damn. all I have is maya 2010. Look like omething I need because I so... hate mappingand always have XD

Scott
  • Diamant
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Diamant polycounter lvl 9
    Hey guys,
    I just put out a small update to version 1.01 on the website. This version has also been made for Maya 2009 and Maya 2010 x64.. x86 versions will be coming soon.

I have not tested this with 2009 and 2010.. so any feedback is welcome!

Release Notes:

* Got rid of custom node for merge vertices (older scenes with these nodes in them will fail to open. If this is the case, load it with prior version and delete history on the object)

*merge vertices is now a single undo and redo command

*Got rid of custom node for Poly Build(currently older scenes will still work since the plugin has the node information available. This will be removed in future builds. Delete history on objects that have this old node)

*Poly build now uses current vertex information for building. This should make mirroring more reliable. However, if the object is not symmetrical, you could get odd results since it uses the closest mirror point.

*Fixed camera jumping bug when using brushes in orthographic mode

*Ctrl + Shift + middle Mouse button + dragging while using Advanced Modeling Tool now extrudes either faces or edges

*source DagMenuProc to eliminate error when using brushes if it has not been initialized prior

*fixed interface bug with Spec and Trans color sliders

*fixed interface bug which does not set the intensity value slider correctly

*Changed the config file to point to the Maya User Directory for pipelines that cannot write to the data folder. Config changed to DiamantTools.cfg and now lives in user/maya/version/prefs/configFiles

Hope everyone is enjoying!
    -Rich
  • Hendrixlt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hendrixlt polycounter lvl 6
    I'm noticing in one of your videos that you are selecting multiple edges and then instantly performing an edge loop to them. Are you using a hotkey or is this a function of the toll because I can't seem to find it.

I am also having trouble finding where you can influence multiple vertices with the "grab" feature. Am I missing something there as well?

Thank you for this great tool BTW.
  • Diamant
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Its all in the help file if you have not checked it out.. By using the Advanced modeling tool and selecting multiple edges, by holding down ctrl and middle clicking you will cut the edges.. as far as the "influence", its a soft selection.. use middle click and drag to increase or decrease the soft selection radius.. you will see the green circle in the viewport.. hope this helps!
    -Rich
  • Joopson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joopson quad damage
    Hey there, I've been absolutely loving these tools! But I noticed the advanced modelling tools have a 10 to 30 second wait after I do an action. I select an edge-ring, and it freezes for that long. Then I split it. And it freezes for just as long.
    Kind of sucks, because it's so darn useful. Any idea why it would be doing this?

EDIT: Turns out it'd built up a history of over 1000 nodes. Cleared it, and now it's super fast. Cool. Again, love the tool.
  • Mahoney
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi Ritch this is awesome! My favourite UVing program is back up and running. I used to switch back to an older version of maya just to use this. Problem is now I don't have access to a windows copy of maya. Is there any hope of getting this going on Linux? I guess you don't want to let your source out but I'm happy to lend a hand compiling.

God forbid have you thought of selling this to Autodesk? It really needs it.
  • Silver
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I am very grateful to you for updating the plugin, thank you very much.

-The plug work only if you be connected to the internet, making it very difficult to work.
    -Why is no possibility to select different components simultaneously, for commands connect components(Ctrl+LMB)?
  • Diamant
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey Guys,

I just put a new version out which gets rid of all custom nodes in the scene when it saves.. this will make it so you dont have to worry about someone else opening a scene who does not have the plugin.

There are some things that needed to be "tweaked" in order to allow this to happen.. please send any bugs or problems you might find..

Glad everyone is liking it so far!
    Silver, it is not possible to select different components simultaneously because it was made to not think about components.. it gets really challenging to try to make it work with all components at the same time.. sorry :/ I can see if there might be something I can look into for the future..

Mahoney - Thanks man! I am looking into it.. I dont want to give the source out though... but i do appreciate the help with compiling :) Regarding Autodesk.. its a little bit on them at this point :) Maybe if enough people tell them it could happen :)

Thanks everyone!
    -Rich
  • ZamM90
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZamM90 polycounter lvl 5
    Hi Guys, i just updated to version 1.02, and now im getting a warning, //Warning this brush only works on custom uv polygons objects!.

Anyone else getting this error? or possibly have a solution?
  • Scruples
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Scruples polycounter lvl 10
    Any way to disable the 'new version' notification?.
  • Cycero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi Rich,
    Is there any chance of getting a 32bit version ? ;D
    (thank you for great tools :D)
  • viktor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rich, what for Diamant Tools require an internet connection?