Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Seamless Texture Generator

OGI
Hi, my name is Ognian Ivanov and I'm working in the sphere of digital manipulation primarily 2D graphics and design and developing software for graphics processing.
I know it will sound like a self-advertisement for that I apologize, but I would like to present you my latest project - seamless texture generator:

http://dws-slice.com/

I've decided to register in this forum on the recommendation of my friends artists. I heard that the established members of this forum are serious authors who could give me valuable information and criticism on my texture generating program. I hope you'll show interest and give me feedback. Thank you.

Replies

• raul
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    raul polycounter lvl 11
    That looks pretty neat! I will try it later and let you know what i think. Thank you for sharing.
  • WarrenM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The request form is utterly bizarre. I want to get the software so I can try it out but unless I'm reading the form wrong, you're asking for my experiences with it and if I agree that I liked it ... ?? I don't have it yet.
  • SuPa-
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SuPa- polycounter lvl 11
    WarrenMarshall, it's in the link he posted I believe.- *edit* nevermind, I get what he means now
    Looks cool! Though seamless textures aren't too hard to create already, it's definitely useful! I'm not at home right now, but I'll make sure to download it later and try it out.
  • Blaisoid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blaisoid polycounter lvl 7
    looks interesting, i'll give it a try.
  • OGI
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    OGI
    The request form is utterly bizarre. I want to get the software so I can try it out but unless I'm reading the form wrong, you're asking for my experiences with it and if I agree that I liked it ... ?? I don't have it yet.

I agree that the 'free request' form is little bit confusing, the site is recently online so we have many things to improve. What we mean about 'experience with Slice' is your expirience with the trial version of the program - let's say that you've already tried 'Slice' under trial mode, you like it and now you want it for yourself without paying for a license...

Thank you for your reply we'll definitely try to make the 'free request' form more understandable.
  • Leodido
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Downloaded your program and giving it a try.

I don't understand why you choose to use ISO size (A2 A4 etc..) Aren't those format rarely used in computer graphics?
    Also not being able to make an image bigger than 1664x2368 (A2) isn't really nice. I like to use 2048x2048 for example. Is that a bug or something? Or did I miss the option.

The realtime resize checkbox has no effect on my computer. If I uncheck it the program still updates the size everytime I type a digit.

If your tool supported higher resolution I'd probably buy it :)
  • OGI
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    OGI
    Leodido wrote: »
    Downloaded your program and giving it a try.

I don't understand why you choose to use ISO size (A2 A4 etc..) Aren't those format rarely used in computer graphics?
    Also not being able to make an image bigger than 1664x2368 (A2) isn't really nice. I like to use 2048x2048 for example. Is that a bug or something? Or did I miss the option.

The realtime resize checkbox has no effect on my computer. If I uncheck it the program still updates the size everytime I type a digit.

If your tool supported higher resolution I'd probably buy it :)

Yes, ISO 216 standart is generaly used in printing documents, 'Save As Rectangle Filled With Texture' is expected to be used for making backgrounds of such a documents.

You can't make images bigger than 2000 x 2000 pixels this limitation is embedded in the program because using huge images with less powerfull PC could make Slice unstable or even crash.

The real-time resize feature is related with the up and down arrows of the control, hold down one of these arrows to see the actual difference.
  • ambershee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ambershee polycounter lvl 17
    Err, how do you get the trial version without filling in the experience form?
  • OGI
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    OGI
    ambershee wrote: »
    Err, how do you get the trial version without filling in the experience form?

There is no need to fill the request form in order to use the trial version, neither you need to have a registration in the site :), just go to: Downloads > DWS SLICE, here:
    http://dws-slice.com/downloads/dws-slice.html

Here's direct link to the zip archive that contains the program:

http://dws-slice.com/images/stories/slice/SLICE_1.4.7.zip
  • OGI
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    OGI
    Hi there, I just want to inform you that all available 100 free copies have been distributed. I would like to thank You for participating in our campaign and for the provided feedback, your opinion was very valuable . Thank you guys! :)
  • OGI