Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

The assassin

Hi guys,
i have finished modeling of dis guy, dis is inspired by various concept art work i wanted to go wid Stylized verson of charecter.
Critics n cmments r most welcome.:)
Front.jpg
Turn.jpg

Replies

• PaulP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PaulP polycounter lvl 9
    Thats some great sculpting you've done, nice work! A couple of minor crits, I'd say his boots with the pointy curly toes dont really fit with the raw, powerful look of the rest of the character. Also the armour around the midsection, with the bulging muscles hanging over it, makes it look like hes wearing a very uncomfortable corset.

Anyway, very cool character!
  • whats_true
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    whats_true polycounter lvl 15
    He must have a magor wegie, cause it looks pretty tight up their :S Maybe tone down the wrinkels around the groin area to loosen it up.

I dont get the glove. It looks pretty usless and feminen. You want a mans glove, have him wearing a gontle, not some loin cloth.

the dagger looks a little small. Mabe size it up a bit
  • doomstagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    whats_true wrote: »
    He must have a magor wegie, cause it looks pretty tight up their :S Maybe tone down the wrinkels around the groin area to loosen it up.

I dont get the glove. It looks pretty usless and feminen. You want a mans glove, have him wearing a gontle, not some loin cloth.

the dagger looks a little small. Mabe size it up a bit

Dude, I dig the semi effeminate glove. That bit is kind of fresh.
    My only critique is on his nips. They seem to be placed a little too far out, also, sculpt those nipples man. Everyone has nipples, its ok to let this guy have gnarly ass areolas.... he's gnarly. All in all, BADASS!
  • alloa
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    alloa polycounter lvl 12
    I like the proportions and the style! Awesome Sculpt, very nice details!
    Everything are a nice caractere.
  • JGcount
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I love the shoes actually. Especially with the dagger on his belly, which makes me think of Cossacks. Therefore, I would actually suggest you add another clothing item of that kind(maybe a hat?) To add some humour which, for me, would lift this character passed the typical "buff barbarian". I would then also lose the tribal tattoo
  • Stinger88
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stinger88 polycounter
    Great sculpt and character.

Crits: The lower leg (below knee) seems very short. The pose could be a bit less "T pose" and the weapon doesnt look like its under/in his hand. Strapping on his right arm could use some love to bring it to the LOD of the other parts.

Just a side note, this guy doesn't strike me as an assassin at all. Although technically he could just bludgen his targets and their armies to death. Assassins for me are more about stealth and agility.
  • nathanbarrett
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nathanbarrett polycounter lvl 6
    I also love the shoes. Could you tell us a bit about your workflow etc.?
  • Anxious_Tiger
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi thnx guys fo cments n usefull critics.........

i will surly try to fix problems especily prportion of leg n glovs and wraped cloth of forearm..
  • Anxious_Tiger
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi guys here is some update, texturing done almost 60% done:) cnc Most welcome :)

WIP_3.jpg
    WIP_2.jpg
    WIP.jpg
    1WIP.jpg
  • PaulP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PaulP polycounter lvl 9
    He's looking pretty badass! One thing I'm noticing is that the area around the stomach plate is looking very busy, and the dagger & sheath is getting lost in the detail and not popping out as much as it could. Also the top of his left forearm is looking a bit jagged, could maybe use some more res? Anyway, looking good!
  • Clark Coots
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Clark Coots polycounter lvl 12
    looking really good. I agree the waist area is getting noisy.
  • Donavonyoung
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Donavonyoung polycounter lvl 6
    Maybe throw the knife up on the chest with another strap, or down on the lower leg, and possibly shrink the belt. It might make the compressed detail feel more normal.
  • Anxious_Tiger
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yeahhh Thnx for cmment guyss ....yaahh i will do my best