Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[unity] Mage Rage - A Moba Game!

Hey,

next to my professional work I developed a small Unity Multiplayer Game with a group of friends and co-students: Mage Rage!

You can play the game online (make sure to grab some friends to play with you) on http://www.ringdoms.de/

b8XYB.jpg

The whole thing was a prototype we build in our free time and used it as a final delivery for our current university project. This is kind of our first alpha and we hope to be able to push a good amount of updates out over the next few months.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to hear some feedback. I will also try to prepare an art-drop for this later :)

Some Screenshots!
Lv8PL.jpg
2gdDQ.jpg
w4TSN.jpg
XP9E5.jpg
oWUTP.jpg
s0cDA.jpg
Fp1KL.jpg
dsW6c.jpg
aR44V.jpg

Replies

• justifun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    justifun polycounter lvl 4
    Looking forward to trying it out later e-freak

I've been trying to wrap my head around how unity networking works. Have any tutorials or other links you recommend reading to get it up and running?

My basic understanding is this. Each player needs to have a networkview component attached to it, so that unity knows that, that object is going to be sending its location data over the network, am i right so far?

Also whenever the play presses start to join the game, they need to network.instatiate themself a new player object and script it so that only they have control of their spawned character, so that one player can't control all of the players in the game? (networkView.isMine)

How do you determine which objects need to show up on each players screen etc. Like if you shoot a fireball, do you just create a fireball prefab with a newtworkview component, and the player network.instatiates it?

Also, what if the player has other abilities other than moving, like a jumping animation for example. How do you get it so that the other players see the first player jump when they are watching?

One more question. What exactly is serializing a gameobject and how do you use it in practice?

Thanks for the help.
  • e-freak
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I didn't do any of the network code, but I'll pass the question to our programmers! I can tell you so much as that we used the Photon Network System which worked great but defo needed some getting used to (I remember quite a few "Aha"-Moments coming from them as they kept polishing the netcode).
  • uaila
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    http://www.dotmmo.com/top-moba-games-9341.html
    here is a full collection of moba games. upcoming, hot, all included