Home Technical Talk

possible to expand uvgroup inzbrush?

polycounter lvl 14
Offline / Send Message
NAIMA polycounter lvl 14
Hi I am not sure but is possible to expand by a polygon range the uvgrup border in an already made group subdivision? like that the other border from the other group?

in 3dsmax when I exported the model it was supposed to split the two maps but instead it got slided one of the border in the other supposed area of the inner circle , I want this area to belong to the central disk instead than the border area ... without having to manipulate that in 3dsmax is possible to do in zbrush?

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/8362/moveq.jpg

Replies

• cryrid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    I still don't know what you're asking. Do you want to change the UVs, or just the Polygroup? You should be able to isolate a Polygroups visibility, and then use (Tools: Visibility: Grow) to expand it. Then create a new Polygroup using 'Group Visible'.

If you were looking to change the UVs instead, you could start with the above method, then try having UV Master use Polygroups.
  • NAIMA
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NAIMA polycounter lvl 14
    Mmm I did quicer remaking the uvmap in 3dsmax ... but thanks ...

Btw Here I have a new small problem I am facing ...

movex.jpg

I was painting some masks and only after I realized that the object isn't perfectly matching , now I have painted heavily and sculpted the central part that in the picture is masked and I wouln't like to redo all by scratch , I have used mask texture to sculpt the central part ... so is uvmapped , in 3dsmax is perfectly centered but seems that the radial simmetry I am suing there is not really perfectly matching the circle ... is there a way I coudl offset a bit on left for example?