Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Female Stealth Character WIP

This is a character I've been working on, as part of a uni project. Thinking of making a quick unity game with some of my assets.
Just some quick hardware rendering in maya, and a texture shot.
Any comments welcome :) and this is my first post, so if i've done something wrong, please do tell.
And Hi!! :poly136:
WireMeshPolycount.jpg
FullModelPolycount.jpg
TexturesPolycount.jpg

Replies

• MonkeyBoy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Would really love some criticism, or if I could post more helpful pics.
  • BCos
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BCos polycounter lvl 7
    well there is no side view so i cant really tell, but it somewhat seems to me that her back is not really following a realistic s-curve. judging by the 3/4'ish view in the second image, her neck and head seem to jut forward at an angle as opposed to following an curved arc as you move up her spine.

her hips could slightly wider, giving the animator a little more ass to swing around while making her sneak along, in other words, More o' Dat Ass

Her feet seem really short (heel to toe), and yet oh-so-very tall. the combo of which will make for not so great Toe roll deformation, which play a pretty big role in sneak animations.

Also you have a lot of texture space for the face texture, which we dont even really get to see. will she be rendered without the visor at times?

hope any of that helps.

-B
  • MonkeyBoy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks BCos, it really did. Will have a more in depth look at the spine and neck curve/angle and post a side shot.

She has the helmet as a separate object, which will open/clear transparency..so you would see her face.

Her feet were designed as high heels (ish). Do you think that would be a big problem for the animation?

Ass swing is definitely on the list :) will widen her out.

:)