Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Steam Punk mask

mask_textured.jpgSomething I am working on for school. This is just the hi-poly model of it. Would love some feed back and suggestions from the texture guys like Raul!

Replies

• BARDLER
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BARDLER polycounter lvl 12
    Well add some more light to the render so we can see the form better. As for the texture it looks like wood and leather, but I am assuming it is suppose to be metal. If it is suppose to be metal bump up the spec map to make in nice and shinny.
  • KartoonHead
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KartoonHead polycounter lvl 4
    I'd remove the bits covering the eyes alltogether and just have glass, like on a gas mask. The chunky horizontal lines sort of mess up the flow of the whole thing.
  • Mute
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The silhouette on this is kind of boring. I'd like to see some more detail and more substance to it. It's hard to tell from this one view. Consider posting up a few more angles so we can get a good idea of the whole model.
  • Leggacy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Will do tonight after i finish some stuff for another class. Basically i was given a reference i should post that as well. Also since i posted this i lighted the edged near the seams and darkened the seam itself.
  • Leggacy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mask.jpg

Here is a small update on the texture. This might have to sit like this for a while and come back to it after class is done if I want to improve it. One of the reasons i was mostly asking for opinions on texture more than model. The lenses will either be attached to the rivets around the ear later or removed like mentioned which I actually think I am going to prefer. They are basically impractical and just in the way.
  • Leggacy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Adrianna_roto.tif
    Lima_front.jpeg
    Lima_quarter.jpeg
    Lima_side.jpeg

Doing these for another class. Plan on sculpting the hair and watching some tutorials on cards in the back for the ponytail. Images were pieced together of what i could find of adiana lima around the web. Eventually I would like to make this into a female super hero. Got the idea watching the Victoria Secret fashion show this year.