Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Pterosaur

A WIP sculpt heading towards making a Pterosaur type dinosaur. Still looking into sculpting in more form in areas and getting detailing into the sculpt. Will likely go through one or two retops when appropriate for better sculpting anatomy. So far here are the key things I'am looking into developing further:

. Head fine wrinkles need more variation
. Chest muscles may need to be bought more into the abs to follow some bird muscle anatomy more accurately and to show they can support the giant wings.
. More attention and care needs to be put into the wings skeletal shape.
. Both hand and feet claws need more general form/muscle sculpting (feet need a thumb).
. Tail will be looked into towards the end, am considering giving it a more lengthy tail to make it appear more interesting.

Crits and advice people feel appropriate are fully welcome.

sculpt.jpg

Replies

• BlueEagle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    An update and another piece irrelevant to the dinosaur. Understand it's been a while since updated been side tracked into researching into other areas of pipelines and pc issues have been a hindrance, but here is finally an update and further stuff I intend to do. Once again, any crits/advice etc is welcome.

Current WIP of my pterosaur
    ptero1.jpg
    ptero2.jpg
    ptero3.jpg

Also another piece I've been working on blending human and cat form together. Been rather fun/interesting and would appreciate any feedback.

cat1li.jpg
    cat2zr.jpg
    cat3o.jpg
  • BlueEagle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello,

throwing up a couple of updates (don't know what's happened to my previous one). My catman I'm going for a fit/healthy look and trying to keep into consideration what impact the fur (to be diffused etc) will have on secluding some of the anatomy.

The Pterosaur I'm fairly pleased with the outcome but am open ears to ways in which I could improve further, whether it'd be for this model or something I could take on further with future work.

catmang.jpg
    ptero.jpg