Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Mogo

Replies

• Mogo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    As you can see, I'm having trouble getting the anatomy right. Areas like the abs, shoulders, and back are giving me a freakin' headache.

Real muscles don't develop all the same way. Fill a room with a dozen similarly built guys and they can all have wildly different looks. One guy could have the 6-pack to the navel. Another could have just 4. One guy could have a back like this. Another guy, just as fit, could be cut in totally different ways.

I've got lots of books and reference photos, but I'm all kinds of lost right now. I know it sucks hard so honest critique and and paint overs would be appreciated.

Ignore those crazy strokes at the back. I just started this a day ago.
  • Mogo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I went back to my 3d.sk source photo and realigned the proportions. They were okay when I did the zsphere rig, but shifted off the mark as I was sculpting. After a lot of back and forth between ZB and Photoshop, all of the landmarks more or less match up with the source photos.

Proportion-wise, he's a more real world 6.5 heads tall, also like the guy in the 3d.sk photo, instead of the usual heroic 7.5-8 heads.

Didn't have a huge amount of time today, post Super Bowl hangover and all, but I did do some work. Not perfect at all, but getting closer to not looking totally crappy.

body003b.jpg

I also softened up some of the transitions, but not so much where I don't know where to retopo. Right now, he's just an adaptive mesh from some zspheres.
  • Mogo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Didn't have much time to work on him these past few days. Did manage to hack out a very basic head this afternoon which, like everything else, still needs fixin'.

body004d.jpg