Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Uncle_Gun

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Uncle_Gun polycounter lvl 6
Hey! I have been too chicken to start a sketchbook thread, but I figure if I've spent this much time lurking the forums, I might as well contribute. I am a senior in college getting a Bachelors in Simulation and Digital Entertainment from the University of Baltimore. I have been doing some sort of drawing all of my life, but I've really taken it seriously these past couple of years. I aspire to become a game artist in any aspect really. My "pie in the sky" job is to one day become an Art Director in a AAA company, or make it really big as an indie developer. Right now I feel really comfortable doing 2D art, but I'm exploring 3D modeling. During these recent semesters, I've been involved with a couple of small games that are still in development.
I will try to post as much stuff as possible, but I warn you that I am a extreme beginner (compared to the awesome content I've seen on the forums). I am always happy to take C&C, just be gentle as I am a delicate flower :D . I'll go through some files and post some stuff up really soon!

Replies

• Uncle_Gun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Uncle_Gun polycounter lvl 6
    Here's the first dump. These first three are just some concepts.
    archer.jpg
    fighter.jpg
    mage.jpg

This next batch is for my senior project. Its called "Touchpad Heroes".
    The development blog can be found here
    GDPConcept.jpg
    GDPConcept2.jpg
    gunner.png

Hopefully I can put some more stuff up soon!
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This is really cool work! Keep going!

It helps to make sure the forms "read" from a distance, by scaling these way down and looking at them that way. Do they still communicate their player class when they're only a handful of pixels tall? That's one of the signs of really a good character concept.