Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Feed back for my hero

Hi, everyone. I am a long time lurker here on poly count and for a long time I was pretty hesitant to post my work up here. I feel that I am at a point now where I can share.

This is my current Hero I have been working on and before I start to go into the small details I wanted to know if what I have so far is looking good. The low poly is 2000 quads and I know the boots suck I haven't really sculpted them yet. Go easy one me. :)

eH6ba.jpg
VKHv8.jpg
Kf2Jq.jpg
TePIz.jpg
1o7A6.jpg
nFgrd.jpg
2PpZv.jpg
0sB1p.jpg
pWcSg.jpg
mpJsD.jpg
qJ5sL.jpg
phxHw.jpg

Replies

• JC_CG
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hmmmm... no feedback at all. I'm not sure if that is a bad thing or a good thing. Anything would be nice. I'm still new to texturing and rendering techniques. Hair tips even?
  • JGcount
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    No comments doesn't always mean one thing. However, in this case, I would say a reason could be that your design/direction just isn't that interesting. It needs...something.

In terms of modeling, he still feels really boxy. There's no flow to the muscles or body. And especially his lips look very stiff and unbelievable.

Hope that helps.
  • linz1010
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think his costume should have some more color variation, that would make it more appealing to look at.
  • mikezoo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mikezoo polycounter lvl 14
    I think it would behoove you to take a step back and really think hard about his anatomy and design. There is much to be worked on. Another big thing thats off is his netural pose. Its compleatly un-natural. Check out naughty dogs characters. See how natural their poses are. Legs are not out all crazy and such.
    What are you using for face reference? I would find a really good reference for a head and go off of that.

I would work on those things before any major steps forward. I hope that helps!:)
  • garriola83
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    garriola83 greentooth
    I agree with the boxy muscles, and the lack of variation on the color. You need to work on the face as well. Many of the forms seems lumpy, and doesn't seem to have muscle and bone structure in mind with the sculpt you did. Also the ear needs more work.
    Have a more interesting silhouette as well.
    I don't mean to sound harsh but I believe the advice from your peers here in polycount will only make you a better artist. Good luck

P.S. If you have and hour and change to spare...
    Look up Ryan Kingslien sculpting the face on youtube. It's lengthy, but really awesome pointers for you.