Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Wonkey

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
Wonkey polycounter lvl 10
I am trying to teach myself Tradition Art Skills (story behind that is found here) My most resent art classes were Color Theory, and Ceramics.

I will throw in some of my 3d Models as I complete them. But first, A day late. This is kind of a baseline before I start basic tuts... I hate feeling I have to justify my art...

zsGYF.jpg

I will be drawing everday, but I will try to update only once a week.

Replies

• ShootandRun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oldschool books, but they helped me a lot (books geared more towards the human form)

http://alexhays.com/loomis/
  • Hammed Al-Tamimi
    Giovanni Civardi, and Bridgman are also good.
  • Wonkey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks guys, I will look at those. This week I spent most of my time fighting with my concept art (not done by me) for my environment.

vCNeH.jpg

So I did a paintover,

qDbCk.jpg

The values seem good, but I blame that on the original artist than me-I got lucky. The lack of perspective hurts, but I like to think I improved as time went on. If nothing else, I am more comfortable with the wacom tablet.

The scene I am working on is here.

I have been watching the FDZSchool on youtube. That man is insanely good, but when he is talking, it seems like things that are possible. I have no clue how to even try to follow one of his videos.

I think I am beginning to get a hold on the baking, had one go so smoothly last night, I have a couple errors but I think it is from how I laid out the UV's

ofmKa.jpg

Thanks for looking.
  • Wonkey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I was trying a different workflow, Base mesh to Mudbox to Max
    1zLtG.png

LsxwW.jpg

Ended up with a 396 tri Light Fixture. I was hoping to use it for my current scene, but ended up with something that doesn't quite work. Oh... I drew concept art for it... was hidious, but it worked, lol. Not going to show.