Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Portfolio]

polycounter lvl 11

Replies

• Anthy9986
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Anthy9986 polycounter lvl 7
    In 2d art your top left 'blue guy' link seems to be broken. You should check that out as it was the first one I clicked on :P Also your top menu buttons (home, 2d art, environments, 3d art, etc..) seem to be spaced funny, as in they aren't all equally spaced apart.
    :) hope that was somewhat helpful
  • Alberto Rdrgz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alberto Rdrgz polycounter lvl 9
    haha i kinda thought you made the White house... your environments look the strongest to me. Focus on that. Have the environments be the first thing you see in your portfolio.
  • Snader
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snader polycounter lvl 15
    You can get rid of a lot of stuff. Pretty much all your 2D stuff, and most of your 3D stuff. The Environments category is pretty solid - the top half, anyway. Most stuff in animation didn't load for me.

Toss the homepage. Put your email link in the header, so people can see it on any page.
  • mr_ace
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mr_ace polycounter lvl 9
    hey man, my advice would be to cut down on a lot of the stuff you have.

The 2d art section is huge, varies a lot in quality, and contains a lot of broken links. I'd cut this wayyyy down, and just have a handful of your best work. Same with the other sections. try and just focus on your best bits, and remove anything that's not at the best of your ability or very old.

Also, in the about me page, I'm not sure if it's a joke? but the astrology stuff is pretty strange. Put in some more useful relevant information like any relevant education or previous employers, and maybe lose the south park profile pic and the map of the UK, they seem a bit unneccesary.

The more you look at the websites of great artists, the more you see similarities, and those similarities tend to be: Simple yet elegant design, a fairly small amount of content, and high quality work. Hope this helps
  • dpaynter26
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dpaynter26 polycounter lvl 11
    Love the watermill :)
  • Joshflighter
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshflighter polycounter lvl 9
    Man the whitehouse environment is awesome!
  • GOBEE
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GOBEE polycounter lvl 10
    Yea I like your environments. But man, I thought I had a lot of stuff on my portfolio. You can totally kill a lot of your work and leave what you think shows off your best. If I didn't have the time to go through each and everyone you had, a hiring manager or art director certainly won't take the time. And I have TONS of time on my hands.

I would also go and edit some of the things you typed out. Saw some misspelled words.
  • Paul Pepera
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Paul Pepera polycounter lvl 9
    Echoing what most people have already said. You have too much work on your site, prune it down to simply your strongest. Overall your work feels very dated - I'm assuming most of it is many years old by now.

You should probably ditch the 2D section all together as it is not very good. You should only have a section with your drawings if you are able to successful render proper anatomy, form, composition, color, and technique - none of that is visible in your work. Why would you have fantasy art drawings from the 1990's on your portfolio? Your portfolio should be a demonstration of your strongest and most relevant skills and abilities. If you really want to show that work I would suggest to split it off to a personal art blog - do not mix it in with work you are relying on to get you a job.
  • salacious_Crumb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    salacious_Crumb polycounter lvl 11