anything on how I can improve the painting
and anything else that you would feel is neccesary

clock.png

Replies

• Jessica Dinh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jessica Dinh polycounter lvl 10
    This looks really odd for a wrist watch. First of all, it seems like it would be really uncomfortable, since it is long and rectangular and the wrist is a curved form. Maybe try breaking the clock up into segments that kindof link into each other? I also think it would make more sense if it were symmetrical.

I would reupload this image if I were you, at about 1/3 of the size, cuz it took forever to load and most people would just close the page on you haha.
  • unnamed1800
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks, Ill for sure re-consider the design after I finish this one up, and will absolutely post it when I nail down the design
  • mutatedjellyfish
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mutatedjellyfish polycounter lvl 10
    Pendulum would not work in any way in this design. I know it's not supposed to be real, but think of some other way other than a pendulum to keep the time on it while keeping the grandfather clock visual language.

Even if it's just "magic does it", fine, but that pendulum sticks out as ridiculous.
  • Mitchell Banks
    haha, nice! This is looking good. I'm going to have to agree with Jessica about the piece needing to be curved, unless it's for a large creature. Depending on what the watch is for and who is wearing it (lets say it's an Ogre that's wearing it), then it would be understandable. It's obvious that it's a fantasy piece, it's large and bulky, makes sense that it would fit on a big bulky brute of an Ogre. I can't wait to see when you paint in the smaller details! Keep it up.
  • Seirei
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ...on a big bulky brute of an Ogre.

Now after reading that I demand a huge Ogre with a tophat and a monocole to wear this watch on his wrist! :D

Another idea that might be interesting would be to have the thing actually standing upright vertical on the wrist. This would counteract the usability but I'm most certain I've seen that already working in a cartoon or a movie. But then again it might be a too blatant rip-off, so improving on the idea would be the better choice.
    Whatever you do, keep at it I believe this one will be funny to watch!
  • unnamed1800
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks so much for the input guys(I use that term loosely), its really a lot of help!
  • unnamed1800
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I did a little more color work, not quite done yet. I have to redo the reflection on the clock face, and draw out some of the shadows a little bit more
    clockcolorresize.png
  • Seirei
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So basicly you've just shaded it a little bit without any further effort to apply given critics like the weird pendulum? :/