• n88tr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    got a bad case of herpes, that one
  • MeintevdS
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MeintevdS keyframe
    Not sure if I'm a huge fan of the "scales" around his nose area. They seem a bit.. random? They look like they'd be really annoying if he were to talk/make sound or have any facial expressions.
    Also because you're staying so close to human anatomy I personally miss something on the side of his head. Not perse an ear as humans have them, but something of interest.

Keep it up!
  • GOBEE
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GOBEE polycounter lvl 10
    Welp.. my dreams are surely haunted.
  • Conrad
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cheers for the comments im thinking that he definately needs something where his ears should be, but not ears, and after the critiques for the mouth crustation Im not sure whether to remove them or not :poly124:.
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rhinokey polycounter lvl 18
    you have fallen into the zbrus trap. its so tempting to jump right in an addin lil wrinkles an bumps and details that you have totaly neglected your larger surface details. the underlying structure is so bland and formless that no matter what you put over it, it will never sell the creature as a real living organism.

i would suggest backing up, removing the scales and work more on the real forms,
  • D.Carmine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    What kind of alien is your character going to be? I am getting kind of a reptilian vibe from it.

I agree with Rhinokey. Work on getting the base mesh looking really good then add the scales, details etc.

Keep it up. Looking forward to seeing where you take it.
  • Conrad
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I appreciate what Rhinokey, and D.Carmine have said this model started as a speed model ive not really used zbrush until recently. but i am intending on redoing parts of him. d.carmine thanks for the image :)
  • Conrad
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AlienmanHeadmodified1b.jpg

AlienmanHeadmodified2b.jpg

AlienmanHeadmodified4.jpg

I have made a couple of subtle changes from the feedback. CC's please. Is this an improvement, or is there still some tweaking to be done. I still need to iron out some of the scales.