Home Technical Talk

Problem skinwrap , ghost envelopes?

polycounter lvl 14
Offline / Send Message
NAIMA polycounter lvl 14
Hello , I have used in 3dsmax the skinwrap as was told me on those forums few time ago , I select the model , add skinwrap , set face deformation , weight all points , then select the model that has similar shape and is already rigged , well the problem is that I get some ghost weights , in the colors and envelopes they look like influencing the vertex but on the weight paint table looks like has 0 weight ... nowit wouln't be an issue if not that when I import ingame ( skyrim ) I get weird shadows projections , now it may be a bad programming of the shadows shader of skyrim ( as for example there is no problem in interior lightning ) or some problem with 3dsmax ....

what do you think and eventually suggest?

37819392.jpg

Replies

• Noors
    Offline / Send Message
    Noors greentooth
    Did you convert the skinwrap to skin ?
    Maybe the weght is under 0.000 like 0.0009
    There s a remove zero weight button to remove all weight under a certain value in the skin modfier.
    Also, most of the times, engines don't support that a vertex is influenced by more than 4 bones (for optimization i guess). So in the skin>advanced paramaters> bone affect limit, you could type 4 instead of 20.

Now i don't know if this is related to your shadows issues.
  • NAIMA
    Offline / Send Message
    NAIMA polycounter lvl 14
    Thanks I will try that , I actually did convert to skin and then removed the skinwrap ...