Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Hugarue's Work

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Hugarue polycounter lvl 5
Hi all, I've never posted here before but I am starting to really focus on learning the ins and outs of game design. I'm hoping to finally get into the gaming industry as a prop artist so I figured I would post up a piece I just did (that needs to be finished) and I'm gonna post up my work in progress stuff for my prop demo reel here so I can get help hopefully!

All the work on this site is beautiful by the way, inspiring and intimidating.
This piece was something I made a long long time ago and picked up. (a long long time ago is a year) I grabbed the base mesh, sculpted it in zbrush and then painted all the diffuse maps in photoshop for practice. I've had rather bad training in photoshop so I'm just teaching myself.
gOjJU.jpg
So uh, yeh! Lots of in progress works to come. I'm learning as I go and haven't ever made any work for a release game. Hoping to crush some work in the next few months. Cheers!!

Replies

• t4paN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    t4paN polycounter lvl 10
    I like it, I disagree a bit with the oeverall redness levels of the cheeks, but it's pretty good otherwise.

You should make a smaller pic btw, it is too zoomed in to appreciate the detail when I expand the picture.
  • Hugarue
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hugarue polycounter lvl 5
    Went a little far on the cheeks eh? That was the last layer I added in photoshop actually, haha. I thought my lights were sucking a lot of red out so I over did it. Here's a smaller resolution picture, I didn't even realize I uploaded that mammoth haha.
    o6JwN.jpg