Home Technical Talk

Jumping out of ZBrush w/ Dual Monitors

Hardware is Intuos3

Software: ZBrush4R2, Windows 7 PC

Having the issue of jumping out of ZBrush using dual monitors. While I'm in ZBrush my Tablet is trying to compensate for both displays while in the program. Is there any way to modify this extended display while in ZBrush...losing valuable real eastate on my tablet.

Thanks

Replies

• Rockley Bonner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rockley Bonner polycounter lvl 12
    jumping out of z brush? compensating for both displays? could you be more specific?
    I use two monitors and a tablet so I may be able to help.
  • gsokol
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Does it always use both monitors? Have you messed with the Wacom Tablet properties at all?

I usually have my tablet set to only work on one monitor at all times. You can set up program specific properties as well.
  • Cheynecg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey RJBonner,

So what I'm trying to do is utilize my entire tablet for just the zbrush UI. Rather than lets say I'm using a 2 monitor vertical display with 1 monitor on my desk (main monitor) and the other overhead on a shelf. Only the bottom half of my wacom tablet stays in the zbrush UI.

Make sense?
  • Cheynecg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fixed it.

Mapped my Pen Tablet to only be used on monitor 1. Thanks for the heads up gsokol...I'll go sit in the corner with my dunce cap on now. lol

thanks
  • MeintevdS
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MeintevdS keyframe
    You can also set up one of your wacom keys to switch between monitors, it has a bug (feature?) that forces you to press once to switch to 1 monitor and press twice to switch to the other monitor. So sometimes it's a bit confusing exactly how many times you'll have to press the button, causing you to switch monitors three times instead of once.