Home Unreal Engine

Problem Importing Textures - UDK crashes

Hi,

I'm having a problem importing textures.

I save the texture as a .tga at 512x512 from photoshop and when I import it to UDK it crashes! Every time!

file size: 512kb
using UDK July 2011

Any help would be greatly appreciated as my project is due in 11 hours!

Sorry if this has been answered before but I don't have the time to check ATM.

Replies

• Ken Benson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Upload the texture you're trying to import.

I see no reason for this to occur.

I suggest restarting your machine to clear everything in RAM. Then re-saving the image under a new name. Then try to import.
    ...Or copy what the texture should look like and paste it into a new file entirely. And save that under a new name.
  • Advena
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I restarted.

Ok, I have copied all the layers I had in Photoshop created a new file, pasted them as one layer and saved it as a .tga under a different name.

Opened UDK
    created a new material
    Imported

AND IT WORKS!

Thankyou, you are a life saver. Maybe I just needed a restart???
  • Ken Benson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ya. Sometimes things get stuck in RAM. Even restarting UDK isn't enough. Usually I get this issue when trying to re-import static meshes, but it doesn't load the changes.
  • Prtofdacrowd
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Prtofdacrowd polycounter lvl 8
    I know this post is quite late to help, but I had this problem and its so simple it seems to fix. But nothing works....

That was until I found that my image in Photoshop wasnt RGB what ever bit it wanted sometimes you accidently change your colour options and boom UDK has a hissy fit.
  • PeteHawk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PeteHawk polycounter lvl 12
    It might just be me, but I have issues when importing PNGs into UDK. So I just changed them all into TGA files