Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Call of duty 4 Style Wearhouse

I have been away from working on my personal game art assets so I thought il start with building a middle eastern looking warehouse to warm up with. I did the model and texture in 3 days, the stair case is separated from the warehouse. The images are rendered in maya with a clay render settings.

More texture work normal/specular is to be done by next week, let me know what you guys think thanks. :D

building.jpeg

BuildingRender2.jpeg

Replies

• odium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    odium polycounter lvl 18
    Scale seems a bit off, also, what makes this COD4 style...?

I take it that building is one single hollow space, what with the windows so low? Which would make that top door lead to... nothing.

These seem like insane nit picky things, but the eye draws to them and it creates problems. Thats before you even think of going into texture and detail crits. Scale is the first thing to nail down, think about where floors are, where doors INSIDE are, and how tall a person is, even if you won't even be showing insides... It helps to scale the outer parts.
  • omega1368
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    style of texture I was aiming for is something simillar to this image, the building have a clay looking texture with bullet holes and gritty feel to it, as for the scale I can see what you are describing I'm going to adjust the size of the door and garage at ground level compared to the window size.

Usually warehouses have a work shop area and stairs that lead to upper parts of the warehouse, judging by how the model looked at the time I thought the building will need a fire escape route thats where that door on the roof leads to. thanks for your feed back keep it coming
    cod4_mp_crossfire.jpgThe
  • odium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    odium polycounter lvl 18
    which wouldn't fix the issue, it would do nothing at all really. It would make more sense to adjust the levels of the windows so they matched the stairs walkable areas, no?

I'm guessing that this is all unique texturing... why not tile? It would make scale changes like above easy as pie.
  • omega1368
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    the core texture under the decals and rain stains are tiles it shouldent be problem adjusting them.
  • Rednaz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ooo cool, cod4 is still one of my favorite games. Anyway i like what youve got so far, maybe you can chip away some of the plaster and show some bricks through like in your reference.
  • omega1368
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here is a quick update on the scale adjustments let me know what you think.

BuildingAdjusted.jpeg
  • Cooljay
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    A bit better but the windows, and doors are still huge. Not to mention the metal grating roof's texture is blurry too.