Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[portfolio] Lars Waara, 3D-generalist

The_hobbyist
polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
The_hobbyist polycounter lvl 17
Hello

I have added a 2D-section to my portfolio, and need help.

It might be too many pics so what do you think should go?

(or should I ditch the whole section)

Link bellow

http://lavis.se/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=55&Itemid=56

Replies

• TehSplatt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TehSplatt polycounter lvl 11
    Got some weird issues with opening new tabs on your site. When you click on them normally there fine but just out of habbit i opened the warrior 2d sketch and your anatomy study in a new tab and the heads are cut off? dont know if this is just me lol also dont know if any body else opens peoples portfolios in tabs but yea. Also i think you should put your taxi and deagle first and second rather than the girl and the lizard as its allways wise to have your best work first, and i personally i think you did a nice job on the taxi and gun. But you might want to wait for other peoples opinions on that one haha. As for the 2d art i would take down "stadte". the proportions are kind of weird but the rest of it shows a good variety of skills so yea take what you can out of that haha. also you have a tab to your 2d work but your 3d is under the home tab when i got linked straight to the 2d tab it was confusing for a second. :D
  • The_hobbyist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for your input mate.

I think you are right about the lizard (actually it is a frog!) and the girl. They took around x10 times the amount of time I spent on taxi and gun. Having said that, I dont think they are competative.

The pictures should not be bigger then your screen size unless you click to enlarge them. The gallery is made from an ordinary JQuarry lightbox. Got to see whats wrong.
  • chrisradsby
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    chrisradsby polycounter lvl 14
    Though the girl looks nice

"Tim Burton inspried girl. 17000 tris including cat. 6*1024 map for girl."

Is way too much for so little detail, 17.000tris can always be optimized but 6*1024 is way too much. I like the style however, you just need to work on the presentation to give your characters a little bit more depth. They're not really showing off nice material detail, you have specular maps and normal maps, you should try to push the detail a bit more.

Like proper lighting setups, right the works look nicely modeled but the lighting setups need more work.
  • The_hobbyist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks for your comment.

I redid some texturwork on the girl, Fixed issus with spec map, adjusted diffuse and color corrected, and made it sharper in Photoshop.

Not sure if it is a hugh diffrence from before thou, maybe need to redo the normal map.