Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

WIP: Natural Selection II Environment

Hi everyone,

I'm working on my first-ish UDK environment, and I need help polishing it. I'm having a difficult time getting it to look good and could use any advice you guys have.

NS2env01.jpg
what I have so far.

NS2_Environment_GeneratorRoom.jpg
What I'm working off of.

Thanks!

Replies

• OniLolz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    OniLolz polycounter lvl 13
    Awesome! My only crit is that you can darken some areas (especially on the corners, with AO or changing the light position)wich makes a contrast with the point lights and increase the blue light intensity. :)

Good luck!
  • sjuskadur
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sjuskadur polycounter lvl 7
    Looks great you should try to focus yout lighting more. Now your scene is littlr flat and is missing contrast. Its all the same value with some light sources that dont light the scene very dramatically

Keep rolling looks great
  • nathanbarrett
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nathanbarrett polycounter lvl 6
    Looking good, although a few points.

- Your textures on the pipes on the right and left are way too big and pixelated. Try re-texturing them with a bigger size. This is quite noticeable.

- There's not really an 'atmosphere' - Add some light blue fog

- Reduce the bloom a hair, its slightly too much

- There's a really bright white light on the left of the plant/creature thing, although I can't really see the source of it

- Textures everywhere could do with more details to stop the scene looking so flat. Have you added specular maps to anything?

Other than that, good work!
  • tehrobster2
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tehrobster2 polycounter lvl 11
    My first question is are trying to follow the concept or just use it as a base ? Because your leaving out a lot of details that makes the concept art look so well. I think you need to work on textures a lot, you need to define your metal texture because right now, some of your textures are kinda looking like concrete at the moment, but hey its a working progress at the moment, so keep going!