Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: SoulReaper

Hey guys,
Been lingering in this forum for a while and am inspired by many of the sketchbooks and users' willingness to help, so I figured this is a good place to get help with my art.

So here we go....

tWsbf.jpg

ZbxVy.jpg

3sCdp.jpg

Please critic my art and offer me some advice. Really trying to improve. Thanks :)

Replies

• Oranghe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nice start, my advice is draw with as little lines as possible to learn whats most important about the form when your doing the quick studies.

Keep learning about lighting and pushing it!

http://itchstudios.com/psg/ lots of useful information here,

Andrew Loomis is a great reference for anatomy! but remember to pay attention to what your studying why do you need to study this image? and do your own work for every study to keep testing what you have learn't! :D

Best of luck,
  • SoulReaper
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks Oranghe,
    Yeah, I felt like I learnt alot with that last study compared to just linework.

Lighting is one of my many weaknesses, I'll try and tackle it.

Thanks for the link, bookmarked and will look over that site.

Thanks, have heard of him.

Thanks again
  • SoulReaper
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    WiP of a study I'm working on. Taking a break for the rest of the day and would love to hear some criticism (constructive of course) and feedback for it so far. Thanks!

3Orc9.jpg
  • SoulReaper
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Scene I'm working on, stil working out how im going to do the roof. Also wanna bring it into zbrush and try some carving on the basin and pillars, though I've never really used zbrush before. Feedback and advice much appreciated.

bSoSv.jpg

update with wireframe and roof

JdZrX.jpg

and another update this time with a bridge and torches

l5Ylk.jpg